The Basque Centre for Applied Mathematics (BCAM), together with IKERBASQUE invites applications for a Research Professor positions in:
- Data Science (click here for detailed information about this position)
The Basque Centre for Applied Mathematics (BCAM) established in Bilbao is a world-class research centre on Applied Mathematics with a focus on interdisciplinary research in the frontiers of mathematics, attraction and training of talented scientists, development of new numerical and simulation methods, interaction with industry, and promotion of scientific and technological advances worldwide.
Aiming to strengthen the Basque Science and Technology System, BCAM was created in September 2008 by the Basque Government through Ikerbasque, the Basque Foundation for Science. BCAM obtained the Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence award in 2013, by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (MINECO).
Located in the Basque Country, it benefits from a long industrial tradition, and it is linked with the French Atlantic corridor, a region of excellence in Applied Mathematics. This context contributes to the task of building an excellence research centre. BCAM counts with around 70 researchers from over 20 different countries with experience in some of the most prestigious research centres on their area, organized in 5 research areas. There are excellent administrative and technical support staff and research personnel (PhD and postdoctoral students). The senior positions are permanent appointments.
BCAM is a young research centre that is facing its consolidation phase. In this sense, the scientific strategy of the Centre is based on three Scientific Platforms that have been set up in order to establish an interdisciplinary system capable of facing the challenges of Mathematical Science in a broad manner by bringing together Mathematics, Engineering and Sciences:
- Core in Applied Mathematics: PDE, Numerical Analysis, Fourier Analysis, Algebraic Geometry, Probability and Statistics.
- Computational Mathematics: Modeling and computer simulations using numerical, stochastic and Monte Carlo methods.
- Applications of Mathematics to Industry, Social Sciences and Health Sciences.
Candidates should provide:
- Letter of interest, including your research interest.
- 2 recommendation letters (additional references may be requested during the evaluation)
- Statement of past experience (2-3 pages). Please, highlight your main results.
Only researchers with a strong record of research will be considered. Women candidates are especially welcome.
Applicants should be fluent in English. Knowledge of Spanish and/or Basque will be considered useful but is not compulsory.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
All applicants are invited to submit their application on-line at:
We encourage immediate applications as the selection process will be ongoing.