Ikerbasque the Basque Foundation for Science, in association with universities and research centers of the Basque Country, invites applications for permanent research positions at the levels of Research Associate and Research Professor in the field of neutron science.
The Basque Country is increasing its scientific community in the field of neutron science, in particular in the following research fields:
- Neutron science applied to the study of polymer and macromolecular systems.
- Neutron science applied to the study of materials for energy.
- Neutron science applied to the study of functional materials.
- Neutron science applied to the study of biologic systems and bio-inspired materials.
- Synthesis of fluorescent sensors for detection of processes associated with particle physics.
- Neutron and neutrino sciences applied to the study of host-guest interactions in gas media.
- Neutron and neutrino sciences applied to the study of functional materials and surfaces.
- Neutron and neutrino sciences applied to the study of biological systems and fluorescent bio-inspired materials.
We are looking for candidates with research experience in any of the above research fields. Applications from women are especially welcomed.
Ikerbasque is offering permanent research positions, fully funded by Ikerbasque, in the following two categories:
- Research Associates: Established researchers, with over 8 years of postdoctoral experience.
- Research Professors: Senior leading researchers, with a longer research experiene in leading research groups.
Selected candidates will develop their research in association with one of the scientific institutions of the Basque Country. An acceptance letter of the host institution is mandatory. Eligible institutions are available at the following link: http://www.science.eus/research-organizations
Candidates should apply by email to email@example.com before December 18, 2020 providing the following information in pdf:
A. Cover Letter (max 2 pages).
B. Curriculum Vitae.
C. Acceptance letter of the Basque host institution where the candidate wants to develop her/his research.
D. Statement of Past Experience (max 2 pages).
E. Detailed description of Research Interests (max 2 pages).
F. Contact information of three referees.