The Basque Centre for Applied Mathematics (BCAM), together with Ikerbasque, invites applications for one Group Leader position in Mathematical Modelling applied to Health. This Group Leader call offers a permanent research position for a Group Leader willing to develop a long-term scientific career in the Basque Country. This call is open to both:
- young group leaders
- senior experienced group leaders.
Candidates are required to be able to develop not only methodological research but also multidisciplinary applications in collaboration with research centers, health institutions, hospitals. The candidate should be capable of promoting international collaborations, attracting competitive funding and establishing his/her own research groups.
- Letter of interest, including your research interest.
- 2 recommendation letters (additional references may be requested during the evaluation)
- Statement of past experience (2-3 pages). Please, highlight your main results.
Applicants should be fluent in English. Knowledge of Spanish and/or Basque will be considered useful but is not compulsory.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
All applicants are invited to submit their application on-line at: http://www.bcamath.org/en/research/job
We encourage immediate applications as the selection process will be ongoing.
About BCAM – Basque Center for Applied Mathematics
The Basque Centre for Applied Mathematics (BCAM) established in Bilbao is a world-class research centre on Applied Mathematics with a focus on interdisciplinary research in the frontiers of mathematics, attraction and training of talented scientists, development of new numerical and simulation methods, interaction with industry, health institutions, and promotion of scientific and technological advances worldwide.
Aiming to strengthen the Basque Science and Technology System, BCAM was created in September 2008 by the Basque Government through Ikerbasque, the Basque Foundation for Science. BCAM obtained the Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence award in 2013 and 2017.
BCAM is a young research centre that is facing its consolidation phase. In this sense, the scientific strategy of the Centre is based on three Scientific Platforms that have been set up in order to establish an interdisciplinary system capable of facing the challenges of Mathematical Science in a broad manner by bringing together Mathematics, Engineering and Sciences:
- Core in Applied Mathematics: Fourier Analysis, Algebraic Geometry, Discrete Mathematics, Probability and Statistics, PDEs.
- Computational Mathematics: Numerical Analysis, Computer Simulations, Mathematical Modelling, Algorithm Development.
- Applications of Mathematics to Industry, Social Sciences and Health Sciences.