One of the most important processes for achieving our Mission consists in ensuring a truly independent, excellent and professional evaluation for the applications. Ikerbasque carries out an intensive search for the best researchers and scientific professional around the world to be part of the evaluation panels. The evaluators can not be members of the local scientific community, since our aim is to ensure the independence of the evaluations.
170 independent external evaluators from 25 countries participate in the evaluation process of Ikerbasque calls, under the coordination of the following members of Ikerbasque Scientific Advisory Committee:
- Prof. Domingo Docampo, Professor of Telecommunications and ex-Chancellor of the University of Vigo.
- Prof. Margarita Díaz-Andreu, ICREA Research Professor at the University of Barcelona.
- Prof. Ginés Morata, Research Professor at the Spanish Council for Research CSIC; Principe de Asturias Award in Scientific Research 2007; Rey Jaime I Research Award 1996.
- Prof. Luis Oro, Professor of Inorganic Chemistry of the University of Zaragoza; Spanish National Reseach Award in Chemistry 2007, Rey Jaime I Research Award 1999.
- Prof. Manel Esteller, ICREA Research Professor at the University of Barcelona; Spanish National Research Award in Medicine 2006, Rey Jaime I Research Award 2013.
- Prof. Francisco José García Vidal, Research Professor at the Autonomous University of Madrid, and director of IFIMAC.
Note to applicants: This information is given for reasons of transparency. Under no circumstances should peer reviewers or members of ISAC be contacted by applicants, potential applicants, potential host institutions or researchers being evaluated.
Visit the Ikerbasque Ethics and Code of Conduct section for more information on general strategy and guidelines on the recruitment of researchers.