Ikerbasque is responsible for building and sustaining the public trust through the transparency of our processes and the accountability of our organization.
We are committed to being sound stewards of public investments while responding to rapid changes in science and society. Ikerbasque regularly examines our processes and procedures, reaffirming a core principle of continuous improvement. This website shows the main information concerning our strategy, finances, corporate governance and procurement.
Ikerbasque is the organisation promoted by the Basque Government to strengthen science in the Basque Country through programmes to attract and recruit researchers and to dynamise research, in cooperation with research centres and universities, while remaining committed to excellence. Our activities are guided by four-year Strategic Plans. Our current Strategic Plan sets six strategic goals:
- To reinforce the Basque Science System through the recruitment of senior research staff.
- To offer a complete career path to consolidated researchers
- To promote a reserve of future scientific leaders for the Basque Science System
- To foster a connected and productive Ikerbasque scientific community
- To promote excellent, open and committed management
- To support the Basque Science System to achieve their goals
Every year, Ikerbasque evaluates its performance and publishes a report containing its main results.
Regulation and Governance
Ikerbasque was established in 2007 as a Foundation and operates under Spanish and Basque legislation, and specifically the 9/2016 Act of Foundations of the Basque Country.
You can download the Foundation's Statutes, which have been updated in 2018.
Ikerbasque's Governing Board is the top managing committee of the Institution. Please visit the following link if you wish to know our Board Members:
These Financial statements include relevant information about:
Our 2019 budget is also available.
Ikerbasque follows the national and regional laws concerning public procurement and has complementarily set a public Procurement Policy to ensure accountable procurement processes. You can also visit our Contractor Profile in you wish further information about present and past contracts.
For further information about 2018 contracts with our suppliers:
- Ikerbasque 2018 contracts with its suppliers, including minor contracts and the budgeted volume percentage for each awarding process
For information about previous years contracts with our suppliers: 2017
Ikerbasque, as non profit foundation, wants to provide open and accessible information and data on our activities and operations. If you need any additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org